09 September 2008

Foot Surgery...Ouch!

Well, today was the big day! I had four foot surgeries at once--lengthening of the Achilles, moving bones, building a wedge in my arch and making my foot level. It went very well and I am feeling pretty good, at the moment, due to pain medications and a nerve block. I have to stay in bed for two weeks, two months non-weight bearing and two weeks in a boot!

The day started with a bit of confusion, the doctors office moved up my foot surgery and no one called to tell me. The buggers called at 7:02 AM with the "Where are you for your surgery" call. The admitting nurse told me 10 AM! Off for a quick shower and I am not going without good hair! When I arrived there they had me sign forms and I was out. Surgery at 8 AM and done at noon. All you doctors out there no foot elevation jokes (hang your foot high on the wall) to someone coming out of anesthesia!! Too groggy for a sense of humor, especially dry doctor humor.



My doctor did comment on very cute jammies! As you can see I have my remote and knitting! Lot's of time to catch up on reading, movies and knitting! I also brought up my sketch book, so maybe I will have some things to share with you very soon.

Land of Nod did it again! The cutest bean bags EVER and the most comfortable for after foot surgery. Colin will have it after I am done! Heck I might have to keep it :)



Very cute picture of my cute family! Colin loves his food, especially his English Hob Nobs! Chris he has good taste!

4 comments:

amy said...

so glad it all went ok even with the confusion! give me a call when you are up for visitors!

Kristin L. said...

pretty foot! Glad to hear that you did well. I'll come visit this weekend.

Anonymous said...

So very glad the surgery is over!!

Love, Mother

Anonymous said...

So glad things went well in surgery and sending you lots of good wishes for a quick recovery!
It's good to see that Colin enjoying the Hob Nobs.... just like his Mum :o) x