24 January 2009

Bonnie Springs



This morning we went to Bonnie Springs, which is about seven miles past Red Rock Canyon. It's an Old Nevada town with a petting zoo, restaurant... I used to go here quite a bit as a kid and have fond memories of riding the train, feeding the ducks in the pond and a good ole' gun fight showdown!



Nothing like a good hangin' for child entertainment! As I was running after Colin they thought it would be quite fun to have us come up to the platform to assist with the hanging! The funny part was Colin was trying to run off and I had the death grip on his hand while being instructed to give a good scream!!



Colin loved feeding the ducks! Nothing has changed here from when I was a child.




Colin and I going on our train ride!



Colin giving an excellent whoo whoo train sign and sound!



Here is a tumbleweed that is still growing. I can remember having to swerve and get out of the way of a rolling tumbleweed! They can get very large and can do a lot of damage to your car.



My Mother is much improved! We will be leaving our lovely 70 degree weather for cold Seattle. I see they are predicting more snow. Lovely. I should have quite a few weather complaints when I come home.

4 comments:

Kristin L. said...

So good to hear that mom is better!

Anonymous said...

Jan and Ian, you have one GORGEOUS son!!! NB is a princess and of course BEAUTIFUL by the way :o) xxxx

Jannee said...

He is pretty gorgeous or shall I say handsome and a funny boy to boot!

Julie PG said...

Ian was telling us about the lynching...The wild west! I hope Ian washes Nona's pink coat before you get home. I should've just kept it here with me and washed it, sorry.