15 January 2009

Where in the World am I?



Looks like Paris, but NOT quite. Las Vegas would be the place. Before any of you get too excited this is the place I am from. It's more of a living city than a party city for me.

My Mother is ill and I am trying to help, we are hoping she will be on the mend very soon, thanks for all the well wishes everyone has sent.



I met some friends at the Bellagio for lunch and they have the place decorated for Chinese New Year! It's just beautiful. This is behind the lobby desk. I think they fly the flowers in daily.



Here is the Chihuly display in the lobby. Every time I see it I am in complete awe. Yes, I do turn into one of those people I used to constantly make fun of. I just can't help but taking photos of it when I am here.



This is the observatory that is all decorated for Chinese New Year too! They were just setting up, so it probably looks even better now then when I was there.



All of the plants and flowers are the real deal. I have always loved the observatory and I could stay in there all day. If you get a chance, go and see or stay at the Bellagio. One of my favorites in Las Vegas.



There are three yarn stores in Las Vegas. Not quite the yarn mecca! Me thinks knitting is not the top of the list when visiting. I did find a wonderful yarn store--Knit Las Vegas deep in Green Valley off of Horizon Ridge for anyone visiting. Well worth the drive. From left to right-Jezebel, Noro Silk Garden Socks, DaniDo a local dyer and spinner, and Jitterbug. All lovely yarn and I can't wit to knit them up.



Okay everyone this is the REAL Las Vegas (not Vegas). This is Tule Springs now called Floyd Lamb Tule Springs park, long story. I grew up coming out here and it's as good as when I was a kid. Love this place and you should have seen Colin he was in heaven. It has everything duck, geese, peacocks (about 40), horses, fishing pond.



As kids we were totally convinced this water tower was haunted. Today I was still careful not to get too close. Why test it out?!



The pond is completely stocked with fish and there are three ponds at the park. I did enjoy finding tadpoles here. I am sure my Mom loved that!




The story of the ranch is that in the 1950's it was known as the Divorce ranch! Celebrities and Eastern socialites used to come here to get their divorce. Nevada had the easiest laws when it came to divorce. You had to have a six week residency and that was it. So people would come out to the ranch and swim, ride horses, hay rides, bbq, skeet shooting...while waiting out the time for their legal divorce. A true piece of Las Vegas history. Although I don't think they told us that when I was a kid!!




The old stagecoach and a horse to go with it.



Stay tuned and I will have more of the real Las Vegas. Folks step off the strip because there is a great city to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the Bellagio....... one of the most fantastic shows I ever saw "O" not sure who was in awe most me or NB!!!!