18 October 2008

Pumpkin Royalty



My Cousin Walter is now the King of Pumpkins in Washington State! You go Walt! Walter and his son Brad grow very, very large pumpkins and are quite successful. They have the largest pumpkin in Washington State at a whopping 1,467 pounds. Now that's a pumpkin. Here is the Seattle Times article.



Now that's a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.


Some people go to a pumpkin patch we go to Central Market in Shoreline to see the big pumpkins. Check it out and visit a great store too!




The kids really enjoyed all of the beautiful pumpkins--big and small.



NB and her modeling pose, she's such a ham.



John Stanford had their Annual Move-a-thon fundraiser for school. The kids all had a great time and I had a good time on the Burke Gilman trail on my knee scooter. My knee IS a bit sore tonight.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awesome! We love seeing the pumpkins at Central Market too. I read the ST article, but had no idea that was your cousin! How cool!

Kristin L. said...

Those pumpkins always remind me of people I see in midwest airports (I know - I'm terrible)...or my own behind.

Anonymous said...

Now that makes the pumpkins I've seen over in the UK seem like footballs (soccer to you lot!)
:o)

Anonymous said...

We saw Walter's colossal pumpkin this AM. Awesome when you see it in person!!!!! It was a fabulous decoration for the Halloween clam bake. Yum!

Knittymuggins said...

Wow! That's *some* pumpkin!! Now I can say I kinda know someone famous ;)

Happy Howl-o-ween!!

knittymuggins