10 October 2008

By George, There's an Arch in my Foot!



There's an arch in my foot! Some of of you may think that isn't a big deal, but for someone who has had rigid flat feet her whole life it's AMAZING! Amazing what doctors can do. I have four more weeks on crutches and then a walking boot. I am up and around a lot more these days. I even took NB to get her very first library card and lunch at Taco Time. She was so excited about the library card, but more excited about us spending the day together.



On the knitting front, I have finished half of the Log Cabin socks and I really need some help winding the other skein of yarn, husband may get a quick lesson on using a swift. Great pattern. Love knitting socks with bulky yarn. Goes very fast. I also did a pair of socks for Colin and a pair for NB (almost done with the first sock), working on a Chevron Scarf and Backyard Leaves Scarf. Yes, I have had a case of cast-on-itis! I do hope to finish all of these projects fairly soon.



Look how pretty that pattern is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Socks look amazing....... Foot looks even better!!
So glad the surgery was worth all the hassles.... it means we can meet up and walk around lots more next year!!!
Chris in the UK X

Knittymuggins said...

Beautiful socks!! Glad that the foot is doing better :) I may have to ask you about that surgery someday as I have super flat feet myself....

knittymuggins

Kristin L. said...

sexy arch!